June 22, 2011

Extreme Couponing Denise & Diana style…..

For the new year, one of my “resolution’s” was to use coupons…..which brings me to this post!

I’ve been using coupons and price matching.  It’s going pretty good, I’d say that I save between $20-$40 a week…..BUT I WANT MORE!  Diana and I are both on the coupon band wagon and she talked to a local lady that’s an extreme couponer (as extreme as you can be here) and she gave us some tips on places to find coupons.  So last weekend we looked for coupons together and came home with a bucket full each.  Soooooo, now what to do with them? I’ve been using a little wallet that I made to stick them in, but keeps them in no order.  I wanted to have a book like I’ve seen on the Extreme Coupon show, but just not that big. (I really don’t want to LOOK like an extreme couponer)  So I came up with my own smaller version.

DSC_0417

I found this zip up calendar on clearance at Wally World for $8.00

DSC_0418I took the guts out and made my own coupon pages with heavy weight scrapbook paper and some left over clear plastic sheets from the boys high school scrapbooks I made.  Then I stamped each sleeve with a category.

DSC_0431

The plastic sheets make it easy to see what’s inside each pocket.

DSC_0429

The planner came with a note pad in the back of the book that is perfect for making the grocery list.

DSC_0432

And the front pocket is a great place to stick all the weekly ad’s that I take with me in the event I get a new checker a Wally World that wants to see the ad’s to price match.

DSC_0433

 

So I’m ready for my debut on Extreme Couponing! 

No comments: