May 28, 2008

Count down to GRADUATION DAY!

Well, we're coming down the home stretch. 2.5 days and my little girl will be graduating. I've spent the last 2 months painting, cleaning, planting, scrapbooking and planning. I think this has all been more therapeutic for me than anything. As Hank (Diana's husband) said "no one will even notice". And I'm sure he is correct. :) However, I wanted this day to be perfect for Caitlin. She is a wonderful kid and deserves the best that I can give her.

Tomorrow my parents will arrive in the afternoon. I can't wait to see them, it's been a while since we've seen each other. Brian's mom and sister will arrive on Friday. This weekend there will be a huge void where Barry (Brian's dad) should be. It breaks my heart that he won't be here to see his first grandchild and only granddaughter graduate. This is the type of thing he lived for. But I know in my heart that he is present, not only in our hearts, but in spirit to watch his "little princess" walk up on that stage and receive her diploma. We miss you Poppy.

1 comment:

Diana said...

OK..I have tears.
Barry will be missed. He would be so proud. Have a drink for him and Caitlin:)