August 16, 2009

Summer in a nut shell

I've not been good about posting on my blog this summer. Partly because we've had a busy summer, partly because I'm on Facebook now and partly because I'm just lazy. So here is our summer in a nut shell!

1) My garden has grown like crazy. I love going out and picking tomatos and peppers and making salsa on the spot. The onion has not done as well as hoped.


2) Caitlin went to Taste of Chicago and Lalapalooza with her besties this summer. She trained and taught swim lessons. I have LOVED having her home for the summer. She started guitar lessons with Conner and just loves to play. Her health is improving and she feels good. She celebrated her 19th birthday on August 4th.














3) Conner trained all summer and it paid off for him. He participated in the Age Group Swim Championships in July and came home with a GOLD medal in the 200 fly!!! In addition he brought home two Silvers, one Bronze, one 4th, one 5th, and one 7th...dropping time in all events. Well deserved!


5) Conner started school last Friday. :( And Caitlin moves into her new apartment on Thrusday. :(










6) We went to a wedding last night and had a blast! We had great company and had a fun time dancing the night away.....my hips will hurt for a month now!









That's about it........ The summer just flew by!














No comments: